Saturday, March 24, 2007

Women's Retreat 2007: Meet me at the well

Grace like rain...

Recently I was honored to speak with two of my dearest author friends to a group of women at a beautiful retreat center on the edges of Lake Tanwax.


What an incredible weekend! These beautiful ladies came from all walks of life, backgrounds, family situations. Together we soaked up friendship's refreshing love.

Pamela Johnson spoke from her heart on following our dreams. She shared several stories, each inter-woven into the next: reaching out to a father's unavailable heart, facing depression, confronting fears, and following dreams. Many tears were shed.

Penelope Fry spoke from her heart on becoming vulnerable in order to reach out to others. She shared several stories and spoke openly about the struggles God allows to come our way. Many tears were shed.

I spoke from my heart on facing our inadequacies -- about difficult incidents in my life that have led me to embrace my Father's love. Many tears were shed.

We had a great time --sitting on the floating pier surrounded by evergreens, willows and late-winter breezes. Craft time. Worship. Shared meals. Laughter -- lots of laughter! Incredible!

I love these precious women we all came to know. They each have such hearts for their families. I can't wait for us to speak again!

"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-drenched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11






No comments: